Any suggestions for colour themes for an august wedding?
My fiance and I are very picky about the colours we want at our August wedding. We were thinking possibly coral, or a medium tone of blue, or lavender. What kind of flowers and colours compliment these colours.
hey Alyssa I would love pictures, especially pictures of the lavender, ivy green and champagne theme you suggested...Thanks
- You don't have to limit yourself to one colour. You could use 1 colour as a main and have the other colours you like work as accents.
Ex. Use coral as your main colour for flowers, etc and have the blue and/or lavender as accents in table linens, bridemaid dresses, centrepieces, etc.
I love bright colours at a wedding, it's more fun! I am doing Eggplant purple, fuchsia, apple gree and white.
- I love coral! If you do coral you could pair it with brown if you like that. My parents used coral at their wedding with a lot of white. Go with neutrals if you use a color like coral. Lavender would not be good for august. Navy would probably be a great choice as well.
- Orange Calla Lillies, Pink Roses, Blue Hydrangeas...
I love the Coral and Pink combo... It's so bright and fun!!
- Go to the local hardware store and browse the paint chips. Take home the ones you like and mix and match them in the natural light until you get a combo you both love.
- Coral Roses are gorgeous, aqua would pop as an accent color
here are some inspiration boards for the colors http://www.projectwedding.com/post/list/aqua-and-coral-light-orange-wedding-colors
also along with those two colors you could bring in the classic and neutral white to tone things down
- blue, orange, and brown
lavender, white and black
coral, burnt orange, and yellow
blue, creme, and coral
lavender, silver, and black
blue, green, and yellow
lavender, ivy green, and champagne
coral, white, and mint green
PS. let me know if you need any pics
EDIT: Okay, I will get you some:
This is the best example of a wedding pic I can find:
lilac flowers on an ivy plant to show how the colors compliment:
lavender instead of pink?
flower girls with champagne sashes:
color swatches featuring lilac, champagne, and green:
ideas for a tent wedding?
I'm sorry I couldn't find more! I hope you go with the color scheme though, I absolutely adore it. =)